Couple Connection & Intimacy
A goal for your relationship . . . DATE NIGHT
One of my favorite, basic strategies to help couples stay connected or re-connect is to have a regular “date night”. Planning for special one on one times sends a message of “You are important to me!” Things to consider in setting up a date night:
• Regular times work best. Once a week works well.
• Date Night can be Date Day. It is about finding time for just the two of you.
• You can take turns deciding what to do. Interactive things create the most connection.
• Keep it fun and not a problem solving time. Do set up times for discussing your problems but not on date night.
• Keep firm and resolute as to keeping your date. If you must cancel, reschedule for the same week if possible.
Don’t underestimate this very simple, old fashioned activity. It is powerful and many couples report this to be extremely helpful. Here is to Happy Dating!
~ The couple that plays together stays together ~